Trout Lake/Cedar Cottage Food Security Network (TLCC) Coordinator Position
Trout Lake/Cedar Cottage Food Security Network (TLCC)
Position Title: TLCC Coordinator
Reports to: TLCC Board of Directors
Term of Contract: Start immediately – January 2012 with possibility of extension.
Hourly Wage: $20.00/hr, 16 hrs/wk. Flexible schedules can be negotiated.
Deadline: Applications must be received by 4:30pm, Friday July 15th 2011
Description of Position:
The TLCC Coordinator will oversee overall TLCC coordination and support related activities with the following goals:
Primarily responsible for actively pursuing & securing sustainable and ongoing funding for the TLCC activities.
Support and maintain the existing pocket markets at Brant Villa, Orchard Park, Reclaiming Our Spirit and Culloden Court.
Regular distribution of relevant information to Network members. Coordinate and facilitate monthly TLCC Board meetings
Build community capacity to be involved in food security initiatives and increase awareness of available food security resources and networking opportunities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Identify funding opportunities, develop grant proposals and create a “sustainability plan”.
• Identify and sustain opportunities for capacity building and partnerships between community leaders and agencies which would help support the work of the TLCC over the long term.
• Maintain and develop an email distribution list and blog. Develop promotional materials for Network activities.
• Monitor program finances, maintain accurate financial records, and ensure responsible budget implementation.
• Collaborate with other food security networks in Vancouver to share resources and identify opportunities for strengthening working relationships.
• Sound understanding of food security principles and the spectrum of food based programs in Vancouver
• Confident leadership experience with community development and capacity building approaches to project development.
• Experience with community work and committee based processes, particularly related to pocket markets or farmer’s markets
• Strong grant writing and funding report writing skills
• Strong communication and computer skills, organization and time-management
• Must have a valid Food Safe certificate or be willing to obtain one.
• Experience with volunteer supervision, recruitment and training
NOTE: this position requires use of your own vehicle and a home based workspace.
Applications will be accepted until 4:30pm, Friday July 15th 2011.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to:
TLCC Food Security Board of Directors
Attn: Marlene Bell, Reclaiming Our Spirits
Helping Spirit Lodge Society
Fax:604-874-6635 or Email:firstname.lastname@example.org