Spring approaches and it's time to get the Rooftop Garden in motion for another bountiful year. Evening drop-in begins again next week and we'll be cleaning, weeding, and planting hardy peas.
Here are the dates for March and April. All dates are 5-7pm.
Wednesday March 2
Wednesday March 16
Wednesday March 30
Wednesday April 13
Wednesday April 27
From May to September we will meet every Wednesday evening as we did last year.
Please come by, and bring friends or family members who would like to learn a bit about gardening or share some of their skills with others.
Thanks and see you soon!
Trout Lake/Cedar Cottage Food Security Network (TLCC) Job Posting
Position Title: TLCC Coordinator
Reports to: TLCC Board of Directors
Term of Contract: Starts immediately until end of June 2011 with possibility of extension
Hourly Wage: $20.00/hr, 10 hrs/wk. Flexible schedules can be negotiated.
Deadline: Applications must be received by 4:30pm, March 8th 2011
Description of Position:
The TLCC Coordinator will oversee overall TLCC coordination and support related activities with the following goals:
Primarily responsible for actively pursuing & securing sustainable and ongoing funding for the TLCC activities
Support and maintain the existing pocket markets at Brant Villa and developing 1 new pocket market.
Regular distribution of relevant information to Network members. Coordinate and facilitate monthly TLCC Board meetings
Build community capacity to be involved in food security initiatives and increase awareness of available food security resources and networking opportunities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Identify funding opportunities, develop grant proposals and create a "sustainability plan."
• Identify and sustain opportunities for capacity building and partnerships between community leaders and agencies which would help support the work of the TLCC over the long term.
• Maintain and develop an email distribution list and blog. Develop promotional materials for Network activities.
• Monitor program finances, maintain accurate financial records, and ensure responsible budget implementation.
• Collaborate with other food security networks in Vancouver to share resources and identify opportunities for strengthening working relationships.
• Sound understanding of food security principles and the spectrum of food based programs in Vancouver
• Confident leadership experience with community development and capacity building approaches to project development.
• Experience with community work and committee based processes, particularly related to pocket markets or farmer’s markets
• Grant and funding report writing skills
• Strong communication and computer skills, organization and time-management
• Must have a valid Food Safe certificate or be willing to obtain one.
• Experience with volunteer supervision, recruitment and training
NOTE: this position requires use of your own vehicle and may require access to a home based workspace.
Applications will be accepted until 4:30pm, March 8th 2011.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to:
TLCC Food Security Board of Directors
Attn: Marlene Bell at spiritros [at] telus.net or Fax: 604-873-4402