Organization: Potluck Café & Catering
Position: Sous Chef
Hours of Work: Part Time to Full Time
Salary: Competitive Wage + Staff Benefits Package
More Info: potluckcatering.com and potluckcatering.org
Potluck is an award winning and innovative Social Enterprise operating in the heart of the Downtown Eastside and the caterer of choice for hundreds of progressive corporate, non-profit and government clients across Vancouver.
The Sous Chef position is a 100% hands on food production role that also includes designated kitchen management responsibilities. Working with the Chef and Executive Director, the Sous Chef is responsible for the day to day execution of all aspects of Potluck’s busy food operations including corporate catering, community meal programs and the café. The Sous Chef is responsible for ensuring that all food operations are efficient, well organized, and meets food safe standards. The successful candidate creates a positive and supportive working environment, which includes individuals from all walks of life and abilities.
Key Success Factors
Success in the role of Sous Chef will be achieved by:
· Ensuring Exceptional Catering Food Quality & Presentation Standards
· Implementing and Maintaining Kitchen Management Best Practices
· Understanding the Social Enterprise Business Model
· Creating a Respectful & Inclusive Workplace Culture
· Mentoring all Staff, with or without barriers, and providing On the Job Training
· A Genuine Interest in the wellbeing of the Downtown Eastside
Who you are: Required Qualifications
· 1 to 2 years senior kitchen experience in a high volume kitchen (catering kitchen experience required)
- Understanding of Kitchen Management and Systems Fundamentals (Food Costing, Receiving, Inventory/Ordering, Preparation, Production, Presentation, Customer Service, Commercial Kitchen Cleaning)
- Menu Development & Food Purchasing/Costing experience
- Solid computer skills including proficiency with Email, Internet, Microsoft Word and Excel spreadsheets
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to work with and mentor diverse staff including those with multiple barriers
- A genuine interest in community and sustainability issues, and especially the Downtown Eastside community
Please email your Cover Letter and Resume to: Chef Drew Borus
Only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.