Position: Executive Director
Organization: Growing Chefs: Chefs for Children's Urban Agriculture
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
A Vancouver-based non-profit seeks a new Executive Director.
We seek an individual who:
* can work and communicate well with a variety of people
* has an interest in and/or knowledge of food security,
urban agriculture and sustainability
* has an interest in children's education
* is a creative thinker who wants to take our organization
to the next level
The ideal candidate will have:
* experience working with volunteers in the non-profit sector
* fundraising experience
* excellent administrative, organizational, and computer skills
* strong communications skills
* long-term strategic thinking and planning skills
The Executive Director will work variable hours, with an average of 20 hours per week, primarily from home. Core program work takes place from January to April and tapers off to July. Ongoing work continues through the year. Flexibility is essential.
We offer a competitive hourly wage, relative to candidate's experience.
Growing Chefs! Chefs for Children's Urban Agriculture delivers a program with two main goals:
* To support and encourage the development and growth of children's urban agriculture.
* To provide an avenue for chefs and growers to engage in the community and to support food sustainability.
Most importantly, we wish to inspire children with the idea that they can grow their own food, even in the city.
Our program sends teams of volunteer chefs into elementary schools, where they teach kids to grow and cook their own food.
Check out http://www.growingchefs.ca for more information.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants can send a resume including references to firstname.lastname@example.org Please title your email GCJob. Unfortunately we cannot respond to email inquiries at this time.
Applications can be mailed to:
Growing Chefs! Chefs for Children's Urban Agriculture
2119 Guelph Street
Vancouver BC V5T 3N7
Applications by mail or email only, please. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only selected candidates will be contacted.